- Park Slope Mansion: Never a House Divided Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am UTC
A Montessori school that made its home in a 50-foot-wide stone palace since 1970 has closed, making way for what could be the most expensive private mansion ever sold, not only in Park Slope but in al. […]
- In Marine Park, Lending a Hand Is Routine Nov 3, 2012 4:14 am UTC
Marine Park, a solidly middle-class enclave of attached and detached single-family homes, is the kind of place where neighbors check in on neighbors, some of whom have known each other's families for. […]
- Remsen Street Townhouse Uses New Stoop to Conquer Oct 18, 2012 5:52 pm UTC
For homeowners Stephen Olsen and Cristina Delgado, the history of 42 Remsen St. in Brooklyn Heights has been like a picture puzzle that they have tried to piece together over time.
- Cape Cod Estate of Former Toy Executive Hits the Auction Block Oct 15, 2012 3:47 pm UTC
A Cape Cod estate previously listed for $12.5 million hits the auction block; in Dallas, a Mount Vernon replica formerly owned by oil tycoon H.L. Hunt lists for $24.9 million; a large Texas ranch form. […]
- Silicon Valley Versailles Sep 28, 2012 4:26 am UTC
This French-château-style house, with a marble entrance, two greenhouses and a gold-leaf ceiling in the ballroom, sits in California's high-tech capital.
- Italian Villa-Style Home in Los Angeles Lists For $30 Million Sep 28, 2012 3:30 am UTC
An Italian villa-style home in Los Angeles lists for $30 million; a Nevada ranch goes on the market for $29.6 million; a Sydney waterfront estate asks $57.4 million.
- Sticking Out in St. Croix Sep 25, 2012 2:45 am UTC
This V-shaped, roughly 6,500-square-foot home in the U.S. Virgin Islands is just a stone's throw from the beach.
- Chelsea Townhouse Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm UTC
This four-bedroom, six-story house with elevator is one of three newly-built family-sized townhouses on a quiet residential street in London's Chelsea neighborhood.
- A Mansion Revived in Westchester Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm UTC
Built in the early 1900s, this 21,000-square-foot estate in Westchester County was painstakingly renovated to both restore and revive the original spirit of the home.
- Beachfront in China's Hawaii Sep 24, 2012 4:16 am UTC
This contemporary home with views of the South China Sea is located on Hainan Island, which local residents call China's Hawaii.
- 'Real Housewives' Cast Members List Home for $26 Million Sep 21, 2012 6:16 pm UTC
"Real Housewives" cast members list their Beverly Hills home for $26 million; an East Hampton home goes on the market for $25 million; late philanthropists' home in San Francisco goes into contract.
- A Private Sydney Harbor Sep 21, 2012 4:40 am UTC
This property is owned by one of Australia's leading philanthropists. It includes a boat pen for a 100-foot-long vessel, three slipways and a fully equipped workshop with 1,055-gallon diesel and gas t. […]
- Pulling Out All the Stops in Washington Sep 21, 2012 1:51 am UTC
A 17,000-square-foot home on the Puget Sound was custom built to house a 1920s-era theater organ with more than 3,000 pipes.
- Miami Home Raises Its Asking Price Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm UTC
A Miami home raises its asking price by 28% to $40 million; a Montana ranch owned by Brock Candy heir asks $9.5 million; actress Marsha Mason asks more for a New Mexico farm.
- Stockholm Living History Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm UTC
Located in Old Town, this 1,260-square-foot apartment is in a 17th-century house with medieval foundations.
- A Manhattan Townhouse Sells for $32 Million Sep 20, 2012 6:35 pm UTC
A Kauai property featured in "Jurassic Park" lists for $25 million; an East Hampton house cuts its price 25% to $30 million.
- A River Runs By It Sep 20, 2012 6:34 pm UTC
You can fish from just outside the living room of this home on 214 acres near Park City, Utah.
- Historic Estate, Huge Price Tag Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm UTC
The Silicon Valley estate of Elizabeth Dresser Flood, whose husband was the grandson of Comstock legend James Clair Flood, goes on the market asking $85 million.
- Longtime Parisian Home of Renoir Asks $9.9 Million Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm UTC
The longtime Parisian home of Renoir asks $9.9 million; a Manhattan townhouse lists for $12.4 million; an Apple executive buys in San Francisco for $17 million.
- A Frank Lloyd Wright House Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm UTC
This San Anselmo, Calif., house was built in the 1950s from a design by the famed architect.