- Green With Ivy in Chicago May 20, 2013 3:59 pm UTC
A late-1800s home on Chicago's Gold Coast is wrapped in greenery and flanked by tour-worthy gardens.
- Midcentury-Modern Furniture for Kids May 20, 2013 3:53 pm UTC
Why discerning parents can't get enough of tiny, collectible, midcentury pieces.
- Chinese Credit Surge Raises Property Fears May 20, 2013 8:03 am UTC
Surging credit has kept China's real-estate sector humming in the teeth of a renewed attempt by the government to bring prices under control, risking a destabilizing correction in prices down the line. […]
- Pleasures and Pitfalls of Frank Lloyd Wright Homes May 18, 2013 4:12 am UTC
There are 20 Frank Lloyd Wright homes now on the market, and some are available at a markdown. But owning an architectural treasure can come with significant headaches.
- Vessel Sinks That Double as Decorative Art May 17, 2013 7:48 pm UTC
Five custom-made vessel sinks with inspiration from nature.
- Can This House Sell for $190 Million? May 17, 2013 7:43 pm UTC
An eye-popping price tag in Greenwich, Conn., is a new test of the ultra-high-end property market.
- When Crisis Hits During a Move May 17, 2013 7:22 pm UTC
Coping tips for handling the unexpected while selling a home
- Artists Aim for the Heights in Jersey City May 17, 2013 5:05 pm UTC
An arts district approved for a section of Jersey City's Heights neighborhood could spur new development and bring more creative types to an area that is already home to many artists.
- Ackman, Investors in Deal to Buy N.Y. Penthouse May 17, 2013 4:30 pm UTC
Hedge fund billionaire William Ackman and an investor group are in contract to buy a New York penthouse for over $90 million; Ron Radziner sells his California home for $4.4 million.
- Buzz Aldrin on His Lunar Home May 17, 2013 3:45 pm UTC
For 21½ hours in 1969, two astronauts lived aboard a cold, cramped lunar module with a balky circuit breaker. Buzz Aldrin talks about what this home aboard Apollo 11 was like.
- Home for Water Toys in Austin May 17, 2013 2:46 am UTC
A home on Lake Austin is surrounded by natural beauty, but it's also a short kayak ride to the local coffee shop.
- Why to Take Out a Mortgage in Retirement May 16, 2013 10:56 pm UTC
Rather than pay off their homes, some seniors are finding that their money can work harder elsewhere.
- Mitsui Fudosan Has Big Plans for Abroad May 16, 2013 5:17 pm UTC
While many Japanese real-estate companies are only just starting to emerge onto the international stage after years of focusing on Asia, Mitsui Fudosan has been aggressively pursuing deals in the U.S.. […]
- Lehman Keeps Apartment Sector Guessing May 15, 2013 1:13 pm UTC
The apartment sector's biggest mystery these days: What will Lehman do with its stakes in Equity Residential and AvalonBay?
- Plots & Ploys: Taking Seagram May 14, 2013 11:42 pm UTC
Aby Rosen and Michael Fuchs of RFR Holdings have taken full ownership of the Seagram Building in Manhattan....And Beacon Capital Partners is gradually getting out of the Seattle area.
- Historic Palladian Mansion in Virginia May 14, 2013 1:29 am UTC
The Brandon Plantation, a National Historic Landmark with a detailed history tied to the Civil War and Washington politics, is scheduled for auction in June.
- Prospect Park South Keeps 'Rural Beauty' May 13, 2013 6:20 pm UTC
Prospect Park South, a landmarked Brooklyn neighborhood of detached houses spread out along gracious tree-lined streets, is drawing more young families priced out of surrounding areas.
- Time Warner Looks West for Possible Office Move May 10, 2013 9:17 pm UTC
Time Warner Inc. is leaning toward moving its roughly 1 million-square-foot headquarters to a fledgling office district on Manhattan's far West Side, according to a person briefed on the company's pla. […]
- Huey Lewis at Home on the Ranch May 10, 2013 9:02 pm UTC
After fishing trip,Huey Lewis was hooked on Montana; now the News frontman sings Sinatra and Satchmo on horseback.
- The New Luxury Kids' Rooms May 10, 2013 8:51 pm UTC
To keep teens and tweens occupied at home, more parents try luxe, amenity-packed "kid zones."
- French Normandy in Ohio May 8, 2013 2:46 pm UTC
A 1916 home in one of Ohio's toniest areas has been expanded and updated to suit the needs of the owners and plenty of house guests.