- Food labels system to be rolled out Jun 18, 2013 11:10 pm UTC
A new consistent system of front-of-pack food labelling is to be introduced in the UK, the government says.
- VIDEO: Face-down restraint ban considered Jun 18, 2013 9:49 pm UTC
Mental health services in England could be banned from using face-down restraint, and many are training their staff to resolve issues without physical intervention.
- 'Excessive' use of face-down restraint Jun 18, 2013 9:04 pm UTC
Ministers are considering a ban on face-down restraint in English mental hospitals as figures show the technique is being widely used.
- Huge 'holograms' created for doctors Jun 18, 2013 5:48 pm UTC
Two junior doctors develop giant 3D animations of human body parts to make medics' lectures more memorable.
- AUDIO: 'My dad's organs saved four lives' Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm UTC
Ten-year-old Caitlin Robertson urges the public to sign organ donation register, after her father's organs saved four lives
- AUDIO: A life logged by apps Jun 18, 2013 3:14 pm UTC
Masters Student Sarah Watson is using 12 phone apps to monitor her daily life
- VIDEO: Bringing health and social care together? Jun 18, 2013 1:50 pm UTC
Chris Ham from the King's Fund said there should be a pooled budget for health and social care budgets as an ageing population meant more people had needs that spanned the two services.
- Cambridge HQ for pharmaceutical firm Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am UTC
Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca is to set up its new global headquarters at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
- £9m for public health research Jun 18, 2013 5:23 am UTC
Public health research in Northern Ireland is given funding of £9m.
- Baby success for new 'safer' IVF Jun 18, 2013 1:19 am UTC
In a world first, a healthy baby has been born using a "safer" new IVF method.
- 'Quiet epidemic' of UK male cancer Jun 18, 2013 1:08 am UTC
Action is needed to fight a "quiet epidemic" of oesophageal cancer, which is on the rise in the UK, particularly in men, say cancer experts.
- Does a child die of hunger every 10 seconds? Jun 18, 2013 12:48 am UTC
Is it true that a child dies of hunger every 10 seconds?
- Pregnancy drinking confusion warning Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm UTC
Confusing messages about how much alcohol is safe to drink in pregnancy is making it difficult for the NHS to tackle substance misuse, experts warn.
- '130 women' in gynaecologist claim Jun 17, 2013 11:39 am UTC
About 130 women file complaints against a former Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust gynaecologist, a law firm confirms.
- Patients to vet standards of care Jun 17, 2013 10:02 am UTC
Patients are being asked to give their views on a radical overhaul of standards for NHS hospitals.
- Life at Ashworth Hospital Jun 17, 2013 9:54 am UTC
Life at Ashworth hospital, home to Moors Murderer Ian Brady
- VIDEO: 'Why I secretly filmed my mum's care' Jun 17, 2013 8:52 am UTC
Mandy Mugford explains why she chose to secretly film the care of her mother, Margaret.
- Ambulance 999 responses 'disturbing' Jun 17, 2013 5:45 am UTC
Ambulances took more than twice their target time to respond to 11,000 emergency calls in Wales last year, which Plaid Cymru says is "disturbing".
- Care home watchdog tracking deaths Jun 17, 2013 4:52 am UTC
Death rates in care and nursing homes in England are to be monitored by the Care Quality Commission to try to identify problems earlier.
- Human cost of elderly care failures Jun 17, 2013 3:41 am UTC
What happens if care providers fail to note death rate lessons?
- Documentary charts MND sufferer's battle Jun 17, 2013 2:35 am UTC
Documenting Neil Platt's struggle with Motor Neurone Disease
- NHS 'needs to simplify urgent care' Jun 17, 2013 1:50 am UTC
The NHS in England needs to provide a simpler and co-ordinated system of round-the-clock urgent and emergency care, a review of services says.
- Paracyclist 'has no fat under skin' Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm UTC
Paracyclist finally puts name to his rare genetic condition
- 'I had colleagues that were spat at' Jun 15, 2013 9:39 am UTC
Life at Stafford Hospital at height of the scandal
- The living dead: new way to embalm Jun 15, 2013 12:08 am UTC
How new embalming method will aid surgeons
- Knighthood for cancer gene scientist Jun 14, 2013 9:42 pm UTC
The scientist who identified one of the genes that causes breast cancer has been awarded a knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours.
- VIDEO: Name surgeons who refuse data - Hunt Jun 14, 2013 6:42 pm UTC
Surgeons who refuse to publish their performance data should be publicly named, the health secretary says.
- Men 'to blame for the menopause' Jun 14, 2013 1:47 am UTC
Men choosing young women as partners meant fertility in older women was pointless, leading to the menopause, researchers suggest.
- What is a stump? Jun 14, 2013 12:48 am UTC
How amputees manage the ups and downs of everyday life
- VIDEO: Lung transplant for ill 10-year-old Jun 13, 2013 1:27 pm UTC
The family of a severely ill 10-year-old girl, who was given a prime spot on the adult transplant list by a US judge, says that she's doing well.
- VIDEO: E-cigarettes face new restrictions Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm UTC
Electronic cigarettes are to be classed as ''medicines'' under new proposals to tighten up the regulation of products containing nicotine.
- Use your 'inner bat' to navigate Jun 7, 2013 2:00 pm UTC
All humans might make use of echolocation
- Care of the dying 'litmus test' May 13, 2013 8:18 am UTC
People need a choice about where they die, say campaigners