- 3 dead, 1 injured after shooting on Gardiner Lane; suspect appears to be among dead, police say Jun 20, 2013 12:53 am UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the 1900 block of Gardiner Lane at the Lakeview Apartments.
- 3 dead, 1 wounded in shootings at Lakeview Condominiums Jun 20, 2013 12:49 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Louisville Metro Police say the victims are a juvenile girl, an adult woman and an adult man.
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 Jun 20, 2013 12:45 am UTC (Top Stories)
James Gandolfini, best known for his role as an anxiety-ridden mob boss on HBO's "The Sopranos," died in Italy, possibly of a heart attack, an HBO spokeswoman and the actor's managers said Wednesday.. […]
- Kentucky to receive $6M from online gambling case Jun 20, 2013 12:37 am UTC (WDRB - News)
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WDRB) -- Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky will receive a settlement of more than $6 million from a case involving online gambling.The case dates back to 2008 when the Kentucky Justice. […]
- Rush hour pile-up stalls traffic on Watterson Jun 20, 2013 12:16 am UTC (WDRB - News)
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A multi-vehicle collision on the Watterson expressway during rush hour on Wednesday congested traffic for several hours.Police say six to eight vehicles were involved in the. […]
- Four people shot on Gardiner Lane; at least 3 dead Jun 20, 2013 12:12 am UTC (WDRB - News)
One person has life-threatening injuries and police say they are not looking for a suspect.
- Wild Eggs to open new location Jun 20, 2013 12:01 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The company is looking to capture the business crowd and attract visitors and residents from southern Indiana.
- 3 dead, 1 critical after shooting on Gardiner Lane Jun 19, 2013 11:35 pm UTC (Top Stories)
Louisville Metro police confirm three people were killed and one other critically injured in a shooting at a condominium complex in the 1900 block of Gardiner Lane.
- Attorney says priest too sick to stand trial Jun 19, 2013 11:31 pm UTC (Top Stories)
An attorney for a terminally ill Catholic priest says the Rev. James Schook is so sick and incapacitated, his upcoming trial would be a mockery.
- Miley Cyrus: Alcohol is way more dangerous than marijuana Jun 19, 2013 11:30 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Miley Cyrus won't comment on her relationship with Liam Hemsworth, but she will talk openly about her stance on marijuana.
- Drowning victim identified as North Harrison High student Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm UTC (Top Stories)
A Harrison County teen died Tuesday after falling nearly 20 feet off a dam.
- Woman accused of arson takes stand Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm UTC (Top Stories)
A jury found her guilty once, and then on appeal her trial was overturned. Now in her second trial, Susan Lukjan takes the stand in her own defense.
- Dozens gather to clean Ohio River Jun 19, 2013 11:21 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Dozens of employees from American Commercial Lines and Jeff Boat rolled up their sleeves to help remove trash from the Ohio River.
- Man charged in May robbery, homicide Jun 19, 2013 11:16 pm UTC (Top Stories)
A Louisville man faces murder and robbery charges after police said he and two others attacked a man in the 1500 block of Muhammad Ali Boulevard last month.
- Indiana Conservation Officers investigating 2nd water-related death on Blue River Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating the death of a 69-year-old Boonville man that occurred on Blue River Tuesady morning.
- EKU professor, fire expert testifies in Susan Lukjan arson trial Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Susan Lukjan is accused of setting her St. Matthews business on fire to collect insurance money.
- Louisville mayor wants to limit use of food stamps to buy soda Jun 19, 2013 10:14 pm UTC (Top Stories)
In a letter to congressional leaders Tuesday, the mayors say it's "time to test and evaluate approaches limiting" the use of the subsidies for sugar-laden beverages.
- 'Wild Eggs' opens up 4th Lou. location Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
The Wild Eggs empire is expanding. The popular brunch chain announced on Wednesday, June 19, that it will soon be opening its fourth store in Louisville -- its fifth overall.
- Father buys billboard, hoping for information on his son's death Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The new billboard is near the corner of Taylor and Berry.
- Susan Lukjan continues to defend herself on witness stand Jun 19, 2013 9:19 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
She's accused of setting fire to Campbell's Gourmet Cottage in 2006 to cash in on insurance.
- 3 men released from hospital after Seneca Gold Course plane crash Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Josh Trumbo sent out a tweet stating he will be released this afternoon and when we checked he was no longer listed as a patient. Hospital officials confirmed two others had already left.
- 16-year-old Indiana girl dies after being swept away in river Jun 19, 2013 9:02 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Alissa Knight was swimming near Cave Country Canoe in Milltown.
- Crews respond to accident on Watterson Expressway Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Emergency crews are responding to an accident on the Watterson Expressway near Poplar Level Road.
- Multi vehicle wreck on I-264 at Poplar Level Road Jun 19, 2013 8:26 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to MetroSafe, the wreck happened around 4 p.m. Wednesday on the Watterson Expressway eastbound at Poplar Level Road.
- 5 JCPS high schools named 'America's Best' by Newsweek, Daily Beast Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
Five Jefferson County Public high schools were named among America's best high schools by Newsweek and the Daily Beast.
- Mayor Fischer supports ban on sugary drink food stamp purchases Jun 19, 2013 8:10 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Back in 2010, the US Department of Agriculture turned down a request to stop food stamps from buying soda.
- IMAGES: Behind the scenes with Cirque du Soleil's Quidam! Jun 19, 2013 8:05 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
This is the first time the show has been in Louisville.
- Sewer rates could rise 77% for Clarksville residents Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The town must borrow $29 million to upgrade its aging treatment plant.
- Sen. Rand Paul takes on IRS at tea party rally Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Most of his address revolved around IRS scrutiny of tea party-related groups hoping for tax-exempt status.
- Attorney says priest too sick to stand trial Jun 19, 2013 7:08 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
An attorney for a terminally ill Catholic priest says the Rev. James Schook is so sick and incapacitated his upcoming trial would be a "mockery."
- Dying priest accused of sexual abuse evades court Jun 19, 2013 7:04 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
James Schook did not appear before a judge Wednesday as expected. Instead, an attorney for the former Roman Catholic priest said the stage four skin cancer patient was in his final days of life, and t. […]
- Woman accused of staging accident to collect insurance money Jun 19, 2013 6:57 pm UTC (Top Stories)
Staging an accident to collect insurance money: That's what a local woman is accused of doing and now she's under arrest.
- Metro charging committee meets to discuss councilwoman’s ethics case Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm UTC (Top Stories)
The metro charging committee meets Wednesday to discuss the ethics case against councilwoman Barbara Shanklin.
- Mayor Fisher has big ideas for Louisville's future Jun 19, 2013 6:06 pm UTC (Top Stories)
The mayor is posing questions that are raising a few eyebrows in Louisville.
- Fatal accident on I-65 Jun 19, 2013 5:46 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
One person was killed in a crash along I-65 in Bullitt County near the 110 mile marker.
- Vision Louisville solicits 45,000 ideas over the next 45 days Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
It's about how the city should "look, feel and flow over the next 25 years."
- Woman killed in motorcycle accident identified Jun 19, 2013 5:06 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The crash happened around 10 p.m. Tuesday at Bluegrass Avenue and Taylor Boulevard when a car making a left turn struck a motorcycle.
- Man killed in single-vehicle accident in Bullitt County Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm UTC (WHAS - News - Local)
The accident happened around 3 a.m. Wednesday when a car traveling south on I-65 ran off the road just past the Clermont exit.
- Five JCPS schools make list of "America's Best High Schools" Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
It's based on graduation rates, college acceptance rates, and test scores.
- Bardstown Police to dedicate plaque to Ofc. Jason Ellis Jun 19, 2013 3:47 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The Bardstown Police Department is inviting the public to attend the dedication of a memorial plaque to honor fallen officer Jason Ellis.
- Louisville man accused of robbing, killing man in May Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police say Andreious Stokes and two others robbed a man, then beat him to death.
- Court appearance focuses on whether abuse suspect will live to be tried Jun 19, 2013 3:03 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Former priest James Schook is accused of abusing two boys in the 1970s.
- Mayor Fischer among those pushing to keep food stamps from buying sugary drinks Jun 19, 2013 1:50 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Fischer is one of 18 mayors calling for the restrictions.
- Class picture leaves mother heartbroken Jun 19, 2013 1:29 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A second grader with a disability was seemingly shunned during a photo shoot at his elementary school.
- Officer Ellis honored at Tuesday's Reds game Jun 19, 2013 1:19 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Jason Ellis' wife Amy and their two sons Parker and Hunter got VIP access to the field tonight.
- Ky. man dies after falling from tree Jun 19, 2013 12:59 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A Danville man has died after falling out of a tree he was trimming in Lawrenceburg.
- Sypher moved to Alabama prison Jun 19, 2013 12:59 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Karen Sypher has been moved to a federal prison in Alabama.
- Woman killed, man injured in 2 vehicle accident Jun 19, 2013 4:01 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to MetroSafe, around 10 p.m. Tuesday, Louisville Metro police were dispatched to an accident involving a motorcycle and another vehicle at the intersection of Bluegrass Avenue and Taylor Bou. […]
- Police searching for man accused of breaking into vehicle Jun 19, 2013 3:14 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Police are working to identify a suspect accused of breaking into a vehicle.
- SLIDESHOW: Groundbreaking for downtown Ohio River Bridge Jun 19, 2013 3:12 am UTC (WDRB - News)
The ceremonial groundbreaking kicked off the start of construction, which is set for July 1.
- 16-year-old drowns in Blue River Jun 19, 2013 2:49 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, at 6:10 p.m. Tuesday the 16-year-old was swimming with a friend in Blue River near a low-head dam.
- Former teacher facing 38 charges involving minor Jun 19, 2013 2:18 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The victim in the case is believed to be 14 years old.
- Stabbing report leads to drug bust Jun 19, 2013 1:55 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to an arrest report filed by Louisville Metro police, officers went to Churchill Downs Monday on a report of a stabbing.
- Day care worker accused of lying to state pleads not guilty Jun 19, 2013 1:50 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Katrina Clyburn, who owns Trina's Treehouse II, is accused of lying about her incomewhile still receiving food stamps, medicaid and child care assistance benefits.
- Misunderstanding results in cat on graduation cake Jun 19, 2013 12:53 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A misunderstanding over a graduation cake is quickly going viral.
- A fourth location for Wild Eggs in Louisville Jun 19, 2013 12:36 am UTC (WDRB - News)
According to our partners at Business First, Wild Eggs plans to open its 4th location this fall in Downtown Louisville.
- Ministers want JCTA, JCPS to open contract discussion Jun 19, 2013 12:30 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Students should be the first priority in schools, but that is not what is happening due to a contract between the JCTA and the JCPS System, according to a group of Louisville ministers.
- Man critically injured after wrecking into tree Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to police, the crash happened around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday on Winchester Road in St. Matthews.
- Duo accused of multiple thefts, including stealing from piggy-banks Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police say it was all to support a heroin habit.
- BOZICH: Indiana Needs Slegers, Not Zeller, To Survive In Omaha Jun 18, 2013 9:15 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Indiana pitcher Aaron Slegers stands 6'-10". That's why people think he is Cody Zeller when they ask for an autograph. IU needs Slegers to deliver in an elimination game against Oregon State.
- Jump Rope Simulator about to hit the market Jun 18, 2013 9:03 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The DigiJump is about to hit the marketplace
- SLIDESHOW -- U of L fans welcome back Cardinal baseball team Jun 18, 2013 9:00 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The team returned from the program's second College World Series appearance in Omaha.
- Fluid spill prompts HazMat situation in Rubbertown Jun 18, 2013 8:53 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to MetroSafe, 150 gallons of hydraulic fluid spilled at 4:26 p.m. Tuesday at the American Synthetic Rubber Company, located at 4500 Campground Road.
- Former Highlands M.S. teacher facing Oldham County charges Jun 18, 2013 8:51 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police say a teacher is facing new charges.
- Indiana teen accidentally shoots 12-year-old brother in the head Jun 18, 2013 8:42 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police say an Indiana teenager handling a rifle accidentally shot his younger brother in the head.
- "Only and prime suspect" under arrest in Ind. quadruple murders Jun 18, 2013 8:35 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Suspect named by sheriff but not yet charged in murder case.
- Ministers call on JCPS to get tough in contract talks with teachers' union Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A group of African American Ministers is preaching major change for the Jefferson Co. Public School District. They are calling on the school board to get tough with the teach. […]
- POLICE: Pair broke into homes, cars in Louisville's east end Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Louisville Metro Police say they've caught a pair of thieves they say broke into homes and cars throughout our area.
- PGA: Companies pushing misleading hospitality packages Jun 18, 2013 7:39 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Golf fans should beware of misleading hospitality tickets for 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla
- Ind. teenager accidentally shot his younger brother Jun 18, 2013 7:29 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The Jennings County sheriff's department says the 12 year old was not responsive after being shot late last night at the family's rural home several miles north of North Vernon.
- POLICE: More than one person involved in Officer Ellis death Jun 18, 2013 7:16 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Meanwhile, a new email address has been set up to receive tips in the case.
- Two Kentucky State Police Troopers honored Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Trooper First Class Ron Turley and Detective David "Buck" Brennan were honored.
- Indianapolis man wants 50 guns back Jun 18, 2013 3:50 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police seized Robert Redington's guns when they found him watching a Bloomington bar where I.U. Student Lauren Spierer was partying the night she went missing.
- Authorities identify body of teen found in Shelbyville creek Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
According to Shelby County Coroner Jeff Ivers, autopsy results show a cause of death "consistent with drowning" and point to the death being an accident.
- Elizabethtown Mayor Tim Walker to be laid to rest today Jun 18, 2013 3:32 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Visitation is taking place at First Christian Church, and is expected to last until 2 p.m. Walker's funeral will immediately follow.
- POLICE: Man stabbed at Churchill Downs for declining beer Jun 18, 2013 1:47 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
According to an arrest report, the incident took place Monday night, near Barn 47.
- BOZICH: Back, Back, Back ... But Park Knocks Indiana Down Jun 18, 2013 6:33 am UTC (WDRB - News)
After six College World Series games, only one home run has been hit. That's something Indiana learned again Monday night as two balls failed to leave the park in IU's 5-4 loss to Mississippi State.
- Husband, wife accused of burglary appear in court Jun 18, 2013 4:08 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The husband and wife police said were caught on surveillance video stealing from a home appeared in court.
- Concert held to honor Officer Ellis and Bardstown Police Jun 18, 2013 3:15 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Following the death of officer Jason Ellis, it has been a tough month for Bardstown area law enforcement.
- BOZICH: For Louisville's Ratajczak This Fly Ball Will Last Forever Jun 18, 2013 3:03 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A separated shoulder knocked senior Nick Ratajczak from Louisville's lineup at the College World Series, but Ratajczak still managed to leave Omaha with an at bat he will always remember.
- Effects of new downtown bridge being felt before groundbreaking Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A ceremonial groundbreaking is set for Tuesday at 5 p.m. at Waterfront Park to kick off the construction schedule for the new downtown bridge.
- Indiana state trooper shot during confrontation Jun 18, 2013 2:04 am UTC (WDRB - News)
State police: trooper shot and killed armed robbery suspect in exchange of gunfire.
- Louisville home sales on the rise; good buys moving fast Jun 18, 2013 2:00 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Good homes can be hard to get. That's the case in the Louisville housing market right now, and that's a good thing. Demand is not only up, in some cases if your in a hot neighborhood and the price is. […]
- BOZICH: Louisville makes quick, ugly World Series exit Jun 18, 2013 1:18 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Inefficient, sloppy play ends Louisville's trip to College World Series.
- Water rescue simulated on Belle Jun 17, 2013 11:16 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Law enforcement officers from several agencies boarded the Belle of Louisville for a simulated onboard rescue Monday.
- Elizabethtown Mayor Tim Walker dies at 54 Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According the release, the first term mayor died at 5:33 a.m. Friday at Hardin Memorial Hospital. The cause of death is pending.
- Plane crash victims improving Jun 17, 2013 10:30 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The four men were in a Cessna practicing takeoffs and landings at Bowman Field when the crash happened around 10:30 p.m. on June 11.
- Shelbyville police find teenager's body in Clear Creek Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police chief says body is that of a "juvenile female."
- Officials to celebrate groundbreaking in bridges project Jun 17, 2013 9:34 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Latest groundbreaking on bridges project to include local officials, children, sand and 500 "special" shovels.
- Beam Distillery continuing to add jobs in Kentucky Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Jim Beam is about ready to open its new Global Business Center in Louisville.
- Blood drive held in honor of fallen officer Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
A fallen officers blood drive will be held on Tuesday to honor Frank Denzinger.
- Gazelle brings hundreds of jobs to Louisville Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
More jobs are about to become available for those looking for work in Louisville.
- Traffic deaths up dramatically in Louisville Jun 17, 2013 8:24 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police say lack of seatbelt use, distracted driving among the culprits
- Switch to Time Warner begins for Insight internet, email customers Jun 17, 2013 7:30 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Monday marked the start of the next phase of the transition of Insight customers to Time Warner.
- New Kentucky laws go into effect next week Jun 17, 2013 6:24 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
They include raising dropout age, allowing more DNA testing.
- Vigil held to remember murdered Louisville woman Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
People gathered this weekend for a vigil to remember a Louisville woman killed last week in the Shawnee neighborhood. Many who attended were struggling to cope with the loss.
- BOZICH: Indiana's Next Pitch? Confronting SEC Baseball Dominance Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
OMAHA, Neb. (WDRB) – You don't have to be Nick Saban to argue there is a gap between football in the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten. Well, the gap between SEC and Big Ten baseball is even l. […]
- Visitation and funeral arrangements for Mayor Tim Walker Jun 17, 2013 3:50 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Funeral arrangements have been made for Elizabethtown Mayor Tim Walker, who died Friday morning.
- Electronics trade-in company opening in Louisville Jun 17, 2013 3:37 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The country's largest online consumer electronics trade-in company is opening a processing center in Louisville.
- Woman accused of stealing from people in hospital waiting room Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Debra Ann Brooks was arrested over the weekend.
- Cleaning crew also cleans up financially Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Petr Sulc faces theft charges after police say he and an accomplice were caught taking items from the Marshall's store on Dixie Highway.
- Downtown Bridges groundbreaking turns to children for help Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Hundreds of children are about to make history in Louisville.
- Indiana legislators seeking ISTEP problem answers Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
A legislative panel is studying why 78,000 students were frozen out of the test.
- Vigil puts focus on protecting children from gun violence Jun 17, 2013 10:42 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A vigil is held for a woman police say was fatally shot by her step-father in the home they shared.
- Louisville Slugger exhibit features Lego stadiums Jun 17, 2013 7:40 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A baseball-themed exhibit built entirely from Legos is attracting adults and children to the Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum.
- Trees and wires down after storm Jun 17, 2013 3:26 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Heavy storms on Father's Day cause fallen trees and power outages throughout the Metro area.
- Thousands of fans gather for One Direction concert Jun 17, 2013 3:22 am UTC (WDRB - News)
The chance to see British pop sensation One Direction is something that's been earmarked in the fans' minds for months. Maybe longer.
- Benefit held in Louisville for country singer David Allan Coe Jun 17, 2013 3:21 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Three months after surviving a major crash in Florida, country singer David Allan Coe is speaking about what happened.
- Lane closures on I-64 in Shelby County and US 42 in Louisville Jun 17, 2013 3:14 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Traffic closures this week may affect your daily commute.
- Victim of deadly stabbing identified Jun 17, 2013 2:09 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A spokesperson for Metro Corrections said the victim, Wallace Harraway (pictured), was released from jail June 6.
- Man dies after being stabbed in the chest Jun 17, 2013 12:31 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Officers responded to the scene at Clay and Broadway around 10:30 last night.
- BOZICH: Louisville's Thompson Prefers Silence, Then Silencing Bats Jun 16, 2013 11:29 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Louisville righty Jeff Thompson prefers the silent treatment before trying to silence opposing batters. U of L needs a strong game from Thompson to win an elimination game against Oregon State Monday.
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK | Why this UK hype might be different, Cards picked No. 1 Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
A look at UK's stunning early football recruiting success, plus Tim Brando picks U of L to win the national championship and Charlie Strong runs down his depth chart.
- Man wanted in Tenn. shooting surrenders Jun 16, 2013 8:03 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Authorities say a man accused of shooting his girlfriend and her three teenage daughters in a neighborhood near Nashville has surrendered to officials in Memphis.
- Residents anxious to return to Colo. fire zone Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Residents are anxious to return to the scene of Colorado's most destructive wildfire but authorities say it's still not safe.
- Troopers, state police target distracted driving Jun 16, 2013 7:51 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
State troopers in Ohio are joining with state police in four neighboring states to crack down and increase awareness about distracted driving.
- Museum commissions bust of Confederate general Jun 16, 2013 7:48 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
A Confederate general whose brother-in-law was the Union president is depicted in new bronze busts being sold to finance a statue destined for Elizabethtown's Public Square.
- Suspects in fatal shooting arrested Jun 16, 2013 7:42 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police have arrested two suspects in connection with the murder of a man in Nicholasville.
- Sinatra therapy soothes local seniors Jun 16, 2013 7:39 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Louisville volunteer sings Frank Sinatra tunes to local seniors.
- Jail crowding raises concerns in Johnson County Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
A rising number of inmates at the Johnson County jail is forcing officials to take steps to ease crowding amid worries that an expansion might be necessary.
- Electronic proof of auto insurance coming to Ind. Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Indiana drivers will be able to prove they have auto insurance with the click of a smartphone starting July 1.
- Evacuations end for area around Indy building fire Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Firefighters are still monitoring a fire that engulfed a sprawling, mixed-use building near downtown Indianapolis this weekend.
- Knife fight between Ind. couple turns fatal Jun 16, 2013 7:25 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Police in northwest Indiana say an argument between a couple spiraled into a knife fight that killed the woman and severely injured her boyfriend.
- Final arguments in murder trial may come Tuesday Jun 16, 2013 7:23 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Final arguments in the death penalty trial of a southwestern Indiana man charged with setting a fire that killed his fiancee's two children could come Tuesday.
- Ind. woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
An Indiana woman put on death row at age 16 for killing an elderly Bible school teacher is being released.
- Disparate Ind. pols agree ISTEP answers needed Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Indiana Statehouse leaders want some answers about why the provider of the state's high-stakes ISTEP+ exam ran into trouble administering the online portion of the test.
- Jet with President GW Bush makes emergency landing Jun 16, 2013 2:35 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A private jet that had former President George W. Bush on board made an emergency landing Saturday night.
- Local letterer campaigns for comic series Jun 16, 2013 1:47 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The comic Man of God has a huge following, but financial issues kept it from printing the rest of the series, until fans came to the rescue.
- BOZICH: DeNato De-Difference As Indiana Silences Louisville Jun 16, 2013 8:58 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Indiana pitcher Joey DeNato couldn't be more unlike his favorite pitcher -- Randy Johnson -- but DeNato shut Louisville down on four hits in the Hoosiers' 2-0 College World Series win.
- BOZICH: Indiana Strikes First, Defeats Louisville, 2-0 Jun 16, 2013 6:36 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Starting pitching was supposed to be an issue for Indiana but Joey DeNato stopped Louisville with a four-hit shutout as the Hoosiers defeated the Cards, 2-0, in the College World Series.
- IU and U of L baseball fans cheer from home Jun 16, 2013 4:17 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Fans on both sides agree it's time for college baseball to get some attention.
- Magic show in the dark gives blind people a new experience Jun 16, 2013 3:30 am UTC (WDRB - News)
The Louisville International Festival of Magic, Illusion & Unusual includes a show for the blind.
- Fire near downtown Indy forces evacuations Jun 16, 2013 3:29 am UTC (WDRB - News)
The fire was reported at 1 p.m. in the mixed-use building that houses tire and pallet recycling businesses and storage facilities.
- Downs After Dark celebrates Derby winner Jun 16, 2013 3:10 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Downs after Dark returned to the tracks tonight with plenty of festivities.
- 6 states help sweep up the Ohio River Jun 16, 2013 3:10 am UTC (WDRB - News)
The 24th annual Ohio River Sweep has brought thousands of volunteers to clean up the river every year since 1989.
- Bourbon fundraiser helps abused children Jun 16, 2013 3:06 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Bourbon by the Bridge offered premiere bourbon tasting, a jazz band and hors d'oeuvres.
- Kids participate in Soap Box Derby in Louisville Jun 16, 2013 3:01 am UTC (WDRB - News)
It's the perfect competition for Father's Day weekend, the Soap Box Derby.
- Cops and donuts fundraiser for Special Olympics Jun 16, 2013 2:57 am UTC (WDRB - News)
Cops on Doughnut Shops is a nationwide partnership between Krispy Kreme and local law enforcement officers and benefits Special Olympics.
- Turtle Man puts Lebanon, Ky. on the map Jun 15, 2013 11:08 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Lebanon, KY capitalizes on homegrown reality star, Ernie Brown, Jr.
- Volunteers spruce up Louisville architecture worth preserving Jun 15, 2013 9:53 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A staple of Louisville's past that you can find in several of our neighborhoods has received a facelift.
- Police: Man held ex against her will Jun 15, 2013 5:39 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A Louisville man was taken into custody after he allegedly kept his ex-girlfriend locked away in a room.
- Day care owner arrested for fraud Jun 15, 2013 4:18 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A day care owner is put behind bars after she's accusing of lying to the state and collecting more than $100,000.
- Four teens remain in hospital following plane crash Jun 15, 2013 1:33 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
All four young men on board of the plane that crashed in Seneca Park remain in the hospital.
- Police: Man tried to flush pistol down toilet Jun 15, 2013 12:37 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A man tried to flush evidence before being taken into custody, according to police.
- Police: Man admits to robbing convenience store Jun 15, 2013 12:27 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to Louisville Metro police, Dwight Allen robbed the Circle K at 5000 Shepherdsville Road on June 3.
- Louisville voted Best Tasting Tap Water Jun 15, 2013 12:18 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Friday, the water company held a celebration outside of Metro Hall and passed out water to anyone who wanted to try the country's best tasting tap water.
- Fire damages northern Bullitt Co. business Jun 14, 2013 10:33 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to Chief Rob Orkies of the Zoneton Fire Department, the building that burned was now an auto repair shop and had six vehicles inside.
- Daycare owner where toddler died charged for benefits scheme Jun 14, 2013 10:14 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The owner of a day care where a two year old died after swallowing a push pin is now accused of lying to the state to collect taxpayer money.
- LMPD searching for burglary suspect Jun 14, 2013 8:30 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to call the anonymous police tip line at (502) 574-LMPD.
- City remembers late mayor for kind heart Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Hours after learning about his passing the marquee at the State Theater on West Dixie Avenue in Elizabethtown already honors Mayor Tim Walker.
- Cause of death released for Elizabethtown mayor Jun 14, 2013 7:53 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Tim Walker, 54, was pronounced dead at 5:33 a.m. Friday at Hardin Memorial Hospital where he was taken after being stricken at his home.
- SUV smashes into Old Louisville night spot Jun 14, 2013 7:38 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A night out at an Old Louisville neighborhood tavern came to an abrupt end early Friday after an SUV smashed into it.
- UofL’s Ware visits teen injured in traffic accident Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
As the daughter of WAVE 3 Sunrise anchor John Boel continues her recovery after being hit by a car, she received a special visitor at her bedside.
- Tennessee teen among bus crash victims Jun 14, 2013 9:15 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
It's a parent's worst nightmare. Cynthia Runions was five hours away in Martin, Tennessee when she received the alarming phone about her daughter, Angel Hahn, and the crash of the chartered school bus. […]
- Exclusive: Gouker talks about murder plot in prison interview Jun 14, 2013 4:28 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The twisted story that led to a teenager's murder just got a little more bizarre.
- Man killed in crash on I-64 identified Jun 14, 2013 4:06 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to Shelby County Dispatch, the crash happened around 3:40 p.m. Thursday near the 35 mile marker.
- Community support continues to pour in memory of Officer Jason Ellis Jun 14, 2013 3:59 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
It's been nearly three weeks since a Bardstown police officer was ambushed and murdered on an exit ramp off of the Bluegrass Parkway. There are still no concrete leads or motive as to who is responsib. […]
- Pitino wants to set additional bottle signings for fans Jun 14, 2013 3:52 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Thursday night, 700 lucky fans who got tickets on the internet got a chance to have their bottles signed by the Coach. And if Pitino gets his way, it may work out for everybody. He said he wants to he. […]
- Arson investigation retrial for business owner Jun 14, 2013 3:29 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
An arson investigator took the stand in a retrial for a St. Matthews business owner accused of setting fire to her store.
- Massive storm system hitting Mid-Atlantic Jun 14, 2013 2:45 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A massive storm system that started in the Upper Midwest brought soaking rains and heavy winds to the Mid-Atlantic Thursday, causing widespread power outages, flash flooding and extensive flight delay. […]
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect Jun 14, 2013 2:29 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Police said during both robberies the man was armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
- 2 found dead in area burned by Colo. wildfire Jun 14, 2013 12:25 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A voracious wildfire driven in all directions by shifting winds has killed two people and destroyed at least 360 homes - a number that was likely to climb as the most destructive blaze in Colorado his. […]
- Cards head to College World Series Jun 13, 2013 11:19 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The University of Louisville Cardinals left for Omaha, Nebraska Thursday with a goal to bring home a College World Series title.
- One shot in Shawnee neighborhood Jun 13, 2013 10:52 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
MetroSafe confirmed the shooting was reported around 6:09 p.m. Thursday in the 4400 block of Del Park Terrace.
- Police seeking suspect in Magazine St. shooting Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The shooting was reported just before 11 p.m. Wednesday near the corner of 17th and Magazine.
- Daughter of WAVE 3 News anchor John Boel seriously injured in accident Jun 13, 2013 7:50 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Brianna Boel and a friend, both 14, were trying to cross the busy intersection of Hurstbourne Parkway and Linn Station Road around 8 p.m. Wednesday when they were hit by a car.
- Harrison Co. crash victim identified Jun 13, 2013 6:54 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The crash happened in the 1900 block of Hancock Chapel Road near New Salisbury around 11 p.m. Wednesday.
- GE and University of Kentucky enter master agreement Jun 13, 2013 5:51 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
The University of Kentucky and GE Appliances are teaming up to collaborate on research projects that will bring new innovations in the field of major appliances.
- Louisville man charged with killing sister pleads guilty Jun 13, 2013 5:28 pm UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
With his attorney by his side and his family behind him in court, Jules Snead, pleaded guilty to killing his own sister.
- 3 wildfires burn out of control in Colorado Jun 13, 2013 6:14 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A wildfire fueled by hot temperatures, gusty winds and thick, bone-dry forests has destroyed 92 homes, damaged five more and prompted more than 7,000 residents northeast of Colorado Springs to flee, s. […]
- Tank almost empty following acid leak Jun 13, 2013 5:35 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Hazmat crews have almost completely emptied a tank of acid following a hydrochloric acid leak in Rubbertown.
- MetroSafe: 3 people shot in Russell neighborhood Jun 13, 2013 4:12 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
According to MetroSafe, the shooting happened just before 11 p.m. near 17th and Magazine Streets.
- NASCAR driver Jason Leffler killed in crash Jun 13, 2013 3:22 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
NASCAR driver Jason Leffler died after an accident Wednesday night at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway.
- Midwest pelted with rain, wind, hail, tornadoes Jun 13, 2013 3:14 am UTC (WDRB - News)
A massive line of storms packing hail, lightning and tree-toppling winds rolled through the Midwest Wednesday evening driving people into basements for shelter, tearing down power lines and causing fl. […]
- 2 teenagers struck by car on Hurstbourne Parkway Jun 13, 2013 2:01 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Police said they are treating the situation as a terrible accident and no charges are expected to be filed.
- Family and friends remember drowning victim Jun 11, 2013 4:35 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
A fun weekend at Bushmans Lake in Charlestown, Indiana turns tragic for a group of family and friends. They were partying together when they realized Paige Neblett, 23, was missing. Her body was recov. […]
- Leaked acid contained, other substances continue leaking Jun 11, 2013 4:02 am UTC (WAVE - Metro Louisville News)
Some neighbors report smelling acid in the air, but a spokesperson for DuPont Chemicals & Fluoroproducts said the acid doesn't have an odor.
- Weakened Andrea breaks Northeast rainfall records Jun 8, 2013 9:00 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
The first named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season smashed rainfall totals across the Northeast and pushed some streams and creeks over their banks but sped up the Eastern Seaboard without causing. […]
- SLIDESHOW: Central Indiana cities coping with flooding Apr 22, 2013 4:56 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Streets and homes have been inundated, and two men had to be rescued from the Wabash River.
- WEATHER SERVICE: Tornado touched down in Elizabeth, Ind. Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm UTC (WDRB - News)
Overnight storms caused power outages and damaged homes and other buildings.